Festival Artist Panel Discussion
Audience Interaction in an Age of Enthusiastic Consent
Clown theatre frequently involves audience interaction. But what does it mean to pull an audience member on stage, or even interact with them in their seats in this age of #metoo? How do we obtain consent, knowing that audience members will often do things outside of their comfort zone for the good of the show? How do interactive theatre artists negotiate this rocky terrain?
- Candice Roberts, Vancouver (LARRY)
- Michael Kennard, Edmonton (The Performance)
- Bitch Sassidy & Miss Randi Lee, Calgary (Fruitbowl)
- Paul Bezaire, Edmonton (The Vaudeville Spectacular)
- Moderated by Christine Lesiak, Play the Fool Festival Director