Planning for an in-person Play the Fool theatre festival is exceptionally challenging in these times. In a normal year, we would be running four very packed days, Sept 23-26th. However, with arts funding restructuring, travel and vaccine distribution uncertainty, we anticipate programming fewer (if any) in-person events this year.
All our programming timelines and decisions will be made with an abundance of caution, will depend on vaccine availability, and health & travel recommendations.
This is what we expect as of now:
- If there is in-person, live programming, there will be fewer shows.
- There will be some online programming.
- We will program Albertan, and possibly only Edmonton/Amiskwaciwâskahikan-based artists for in-person events. This is because of tight timelines, travel restriction uncertainty, and the impossibility of offering home hospitality to travelling artists in a COVID year.
- We hope to make decisions about the number and type of in-person events in June, including if we can go ahead with some version of our beloved Rookie Cabaret Mentorship Program.
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
We recommend you signup for our newsletter to keep up-to-date about calls for acts and 2021 programming plans.